REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
1. Each applicant must request his/her own application form between November 1 and March 1. All applications must be postmarked no later than April 1.
2. Application request and completed applications must include a stamped, self-addressed legal size ( 9.5 x 4.3 #10) envelope so that postage may be kept to a minimum.
3. To be considered for a scholarship the application form must be completely filled out and all other requirements must be fulfilled and submitted with the application. Failure to comply with any of the requirements may jeopardize the receipt of a scholarship.
4. A current picture of the applicant . (NOT A REQUIREMENT)
5. The applicant must have a Tribal Registration Number. There is no restriction as to tribal affiliation or degree of Indian blood, but documentation of the Tribal Registration must be included.
6. An applicant must furnish two letters of recommendation with the application.
7. Whether an applicant is a beginning or continuing college student, a copy of an acceptance letter from the college of choice must be furnished.
8. An official transcript of an applicant's latest grades must be furnished.
9. A minimum of nine (9) credit hours must be taken each semester or quarter.
10. The address of the Financial Aid Office of your school must be furnished. Award money is sent directly to the school.
11. A personal statement
must be included. Please put something about yourself and what you want to do
with your education.
12. Only one family member may receive a scholarship per year from the Order. Family includes parents, children, brothers, sisters or spouse.
13. A student will not be considered for multiple scholarships offered by the Order.
14. Scholarships are small and are intended for supplementary use. Scholarships are usually announced by June 15. They are given for technical, vocational or college study. Scholarships are not granted for study beyond a Bachelor's Degree.
15. All changes of address,
email address, and phone number must be reported to the Department Director.
16. An applicant must furnish two letters of recommendation with the application. Failure to comply with any of the above requirements may jeopardize the receipt of a scholarship.
17. All materials or further questions may be sent to the Director of the North American Indian Department.
18. Permission to use picture on Kings Daughters and Sons Web site YES______ NO_______
Joyce Morris, Director, North American Indian Dept., 1042 Windward Road, Charleston, SC 29412